Meals On Wheels
Since 1967, the Health and Home Care Society of BC has operated the Meals on Wheels program in Vancouver and Richmond. Every weekday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., our volunteers deliver more than 400 meals and social contact to homebound people, including:
In addition to providing a hot meal, volunteers also offer the comfort of a friendly visit and the reassurance of an informal check on the safety and well-being of meal recipients.
Our program also includes a Chinese Meals on Wheels service, which was launched in 1996.
For more information or to order meal service, please phone 604-732-7638 or 604-733-6615 for service in Cantonese.
The need continues to grow:
- The number of people who need assistance with daily living will increase dramatically as the population ages.
- Last year, we delivered more than 100,000 Western and Chinese meals to isolated Vancouver and Richmond residents.
- The Health and Home Care Society of BC is considering expanding the program to other ethnic communities such as Southeast Asian meals.
How to get involved:
- Order meal service for yourself or someone you know by phoning 604-732-7638 or (604) 733-6615 for service in Cantonese.
- Volunteer to help us deliver meals.
- Make a donation to provide hot meals and social support to people in need.
Partners in our Meals on Wheels programs:
For meal service in North or West Vancouver please call the North Shore Meals on Wheels Society at 604-922-3414.
Did you know?
Care BC operates a social enterprise titled Health Promotions Services (HPS) from which all profits directly support Meals on Wheels! Learn more about HPS today.