The Ministry of Health has advised that all Adult Day Programs (including ours at the Family Respite Centre) will be temporarily suspended effective March 20, 2020. Our Overnight Respite program has re-opened (August 2020) with limited capacity to observe appropriate physical distancing guidelines. We will provide updates when we receive further information.
Overnight Respite Program
In 2000, we launched one of the first charitable Overnight Respite programs in Canada. The program offers private rooms to seniors for 24-hour care when their caregivers require rest. Demand for the program has grown to the point that we now operate 365 days a year and offer rooms for palliative respite care.
Guests benefit from:
Guests benefit from:
- 12 private rooms with their own washrooms
- A dedicated nursing team, committed to comfort and caring
- Recreational, social and therapeutic programs that enable guests to remain active and socialize with one another
- Specially furnished rooms such as a patio, lounge with a fireplace and state-of-the-art bathing facilities
- Assistance with personal care and daily living activities
- Personalized care plans, meals and health monitoring
"When my mother was leaving after her last stay, everyone treated her like an old friend. Mom replied, 'See you next month!' and proceeded to excitedly tell me about her stay. I could go on and on about all the pluses at the Centre and what a difference it has made to our lives. Without your help, I would not be able to keep Mom at home and fulfill her wishes."
-daughter of a guest of the Family Respite Centre
The Overnight Respite program runs 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Please call (604) 327-9525 for more information.
- Guest must be Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Guest must be BC Resident for 12 months
- Guest must be a resident of Vancouver
- Caregiver in need of respite
- Guests may stay up to 30 days per year, which may be used intermittently or all at once. Limit subject to review by guest's Case Manager
- Stays can be booked up to six months in advance or on short notice
- Medications administered to the guests at the Family Respite Centre are prepared by Davies Prescription Pharmacy.